21 Reasons to Love Chocolate
What’s not to love about chocolate. I don’t know one ingredient that is more well liked universally other than chocolate. It’s provided as gifts of love and as consolation in sympathy. It appeases the youngest of taste buds and gives an overwhelming feeling of youth to the old. It can be made sweet, savory and bitter and has the ability to pair with so many other ingredients. So, like I said what’s not to love about chocolate. We compiled a list of the top 21 reasons to not hide your love for chocolate in the closet. Be proud of your love for chocolate and don’t be ashamed to indulge in the “nectar of the gods” sometimes.
- A hormone called Phenylethylamine (PEAs) is released when you eat chocolate. That’s the same hormone that your body naturally release when you make love.
- Hot chocolate……perfect on a snowy winters day.
- A study that was conducted by the Swedish that spanned 9 years found that chocolate was consumed 1 to 3 times per month there was a 26% lower risk of developing heart failure.
- Chocolate grows on trees….yes on trees. The tree is actually called Theobroma cacao which is a Greek word that means “food of the gods”.
- Historians believe that one of the first uses of cacao dates as far back as 1400B.C. where the fruit surrounding the bean was used in making an alcoholic beverage.
- Beans were used as a form of currency in pre-modern Latin America.
- Both the Mayans and the Aztecs believed that the cacao bean had magical powers and used the bean during sacred rituals such as birth, marriages and death.
- Chocolate is more than a 4-billion-dollar industry
- There are now chocolate mud masks for your face that help renew, rehydrate and create younger looking skin.
- Dark chocolate lowers blood pressure due to the antioxidants that are in cacao.
- Dark chocolate has had several studies indicate that show that it protects your heart, actually decreasing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Cookies would be missing a very important and key ingredient if it wasn’t for chocolate.
- Chocolate can pair incredibly well with wine.
- Chocolate is a stimulant and can keep you awake and energized just like caffeine.
- Studies show that dark chocolate can help individuals have less of an appetite and feel more satisfied, meaning eating chocolate could help you lose weight.
- The first chocolate bar or solid chocolate was not made until 1847 by Joseph Fry when he added in more cocoa butter instead of water to the powder as well as sugar.
- Chocolate does not give you pimples, remember the chocolate mud mask from number 9.
- When you eat chocolate you release endorphins which is the body’s natural pain killer.
- Chocolate makes you smarter due to the increase in the flow of blood to the brain.
- Camp fires wouldn’t be the same without smores!
- Chocolate truffles….need I say more?
Craving Handmade Chocolates?
Order your vary own custom box of chocolates by checking out our Build Your Own Box option in our cart.